Dry skin can be itchy, red and irritated, and feel just like a desert sand dune on a hot, sunny day. But you can TAME redness and heat with easy and inexpensive dry skin treatments at home. Try these five DIY dry skin treatments from your DIY DAY SPA beauty arsenal for relief from the dryness. It’s best to try them a few different times to see which ones give you the best, dewy skin results. As always, and especially if you have very sensitive skin, test an area first before full-on proceeding. But first, make sure you set the right mood for your DIY DAY SPA and get off to the right start.
- DIY Pumpkin Face Mask
- DIY Royal Honey, Propolis and Bee Pollen Face Mask
- Creamed Honey Face Mask
- Avocado Face Scrub
- DIY Pumpkin Body Mask
NOTE: If you have combination skin (oily in some places and dry in others), apply the mask in dry areas only.
DIY Pumpkin Face Mask
Perhaps you have already heard about the amazing, rejuvenating qualities of the common pumpkin (scientific name: Cucurbita pepo, which means “to ripen in the sun”). Of course, for our skin’s sake, we don’t want to actually ripen in the sun. Instead, harness the sun’s power by applying this sun-drenched holiday fruit directly to your skin in mask form. A batch of this simple, do-it-yourself Pumpkin Mask will gently help exfoliate and deeply nourish and condition your dry skin.
How to make your Pumpkin Face Mask
- Mix 2 teaspoons cooked or canned pumpkin puree with ½ teaspoon honey, ¼ teaspoon milk and ¼ teaspoon cream (whipping cream is best).
- Apply evenly to your face. Avoid your eye area.
- Keep the mask on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and apply a gentle face moisturizer as your final step.
Want to know how to make pumpkin puree at home in less than 30 minutes? Watch this video from Food Revolution Network.
DIY Royal Honey, Propolis and Bee Pollen Face Mask
DIY dry skin treatments come in so many forms for every skin type and preference. The Royal Honey Face Mask does wonders for pores that need more tightening better than many other popular dry skin fixes. The Queen Bee isn’t called that for nothing!
How to make your Royal Honey Face Mask
|TIP: If you like what royal honey and propolis do for your skin, you should try the Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence from Skinfood, chockfull of Black Bee Propolis & Royal Jelly Extract (63%!).|
DIY Pumpkin Body Mask
This holiday-based fruit packs top-notch nutritional power in your diet and on your skin when applied all over. You can use your leftover canned or cooked pumpkin puree to make this very refreshing and nutritious body mask. (Just make sure you don’t use pumpkin pie mix; the cinnamon and other spices could give your skin a burning sensation!)
How to make your Pumpkin Body Mask
- Mix 1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin puree with 1 cup coconut oil (in solid, room temperature form, not liquid) and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Apply to your body, massaging gently as you go.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Apply your favorite body moisturizer.